November 8, 2010

A moment to brag...

I will be posting about our weekend soon.  It was great, we enjoyed lots of good friends and family, and once I can steal some of their pictures, I will share with everyone.  I did have to take a minute though to brag about my smart little girl.  Last week I lost my car keys.  I could not find them anywhere.  Luckily Clark had a spare key, and we felt OK about leaving our front door unlocked, so I wasn't stuck at home.  I eventually found the keys.  Elizabeth (who loves to go through my purse) had taken them from my purse, and put them in hers.  We were pretty impressed she knew keys belonged in a purse, even though it was a pain not having them and it really stressed me out.

Sunday, while making breakfast...the house got way too quiet.  Quiet is NOT a good thing when you have a toddler...it means something is happening that should not be.  This is what I found...





The damage had already been done, so I let her continue to put on "her" lipstick while I took a few pictures.  She even put a little on mommy.  To be honest, I was just happy that she knew lipstick belonged on your face, and did not apply it anywhere else. Smart girl!

And on to Monday...Mondays are usually tough....we usually are in a rush to get out of the door.  This morning however, we left early, got to "school" on time, and I pulled up to work at 8:27...3 minutes early.  And then I couldn't find my work keys.  Images of Elizabeth playing with them flashed through my head.  I made a few calls to try to see if anyone I worked with could let me in.  I was unsuccessful.  I turned the car back on and drove to Chapin...to recover my keys from Elizabeth's Dora bag.  I have learned my lesson...my purse will be kept up and out of someones reach.  I can't help though but be proud of her for all the things she is leaning and putting together.

No comments: