July 30, 2011

Swimmer's Ear is no fun...

This has been a tough week at the Rogers.  Elizabeth has been home 'sick' all week with Swimmers Ear.  To be honest I didn't think that swimmers ear was that big of a deal...and I think that most cases are not...but what we have figured out is Elizabeth must have a pretty high tolerance for pain (unless I am brushing her hair), because she did not even complain about her ear until her ear canal was swollen shut...which makes the doctor think she has had swimmers ear for at least a week before we took her in.  So she is on strict orders to get not a drop of water near her ear for at least 10 days...she has been in so much pain...and it has been so sad.  Luckily she is doing OK now with just Advil & Tylenol at the recommended times (we were alternating every three hours between the two for a while, and the doctor wrote a script for Tylenol w/ codeine!).  The ear wick has not fallen out yet...and her ear is still very painful to touch (making dressing and undressing a real process), but glimpses of herself are shining through. 
My poor baby...
 ...I am so ready for this to fall out...it makes me hurt to look at it.
 A glimpse of my E...hoping she feels all better soon.

3 comments:

L said...

Aww poor Elizabeth, we hope the she feels better soon.

Jamie and Brooks said...

POOR BABY! I used to get swimmer's ear every summer, I still remember the pain! Hope she feels better soon, we can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry she was in so much pain :( Glad she's on the mend... poor sweet thing!