June 14, 2013

Dance Recital

Elizabeth's dance recital was almost a month ago.  She was a part of the Broadway Babies class at Southern Strutt.  Her teacher was awesome, and she LOVED dance.  Her recital was at the Koger Center on May 18th.  Clark, MiMi & I were her fans, and I have to admit I am that crazy mom that yelled her name and cheered too loudly.  When she got on stage it was pitch black.  All we could see were shadows.  I saw Ms. Connie & Ms. Connie talking to someone who was crying, and I just knew it was Elizabeth.  The lights came on, and I was correct.  I started yelling Elizabeth's name so she would know we were there.  She started wiping the snot dripping from her nose all over her arms (I did not send her with tissues...note for next year).  And then she started dancing.  And she did awesome.  She was really proud of herself, and so were we!  She kept saying "I cried, then I thought about it, and thought about it, and then I just danced."







We now have her two recital songs on my phone, and they have been incorporated into our ever growing dance party playlist.

No comments: