August 5, 2012

It's A Baby Beluga!

By now most of you know that we found out July 10th that we are having another little girl!  Everyone was very excited!  We made a little fuss over the reveal...which threw some people off and made them assume it was a boy....but SURPRISE (or not) our little bun in the oven is a GIRL!  I was surprised when we found out.  I thought for sure it was a boy....I have felt very different from when I was pregnant with Elizabeth....but then again, my mom's passing pretty much consumed me during my last pregnancy, and a lot of the details from when I was preggo with E have already escaped me. 

We took Elizabeth with us to the appointment to find out.  She has said from the beginning she was having a little sister, and she was right.  She did great at the doctor's office, and had lots of questions to ask...mostly about when her little sister will get here.  It is pretty tough to explain time to a three and a half year old.  Our best explanation was relative to family member's birthdays and the number of football games we will have to watch before the arrival.

After we found out, Elizabeth and I went out to prepare for the reveal.  I found some cute ideas on Pinterest, and was hoping to pull one together in a couple hours before my birthday dinner with family.  I had decided on the reveal where you open the huge wrapped box and pink or blue balloons rise out when the gift is opened.  My first problem was finding a box big enough with a cranking little girl who had not napped.  After a few meltdowns, I decided we just needed to get the balloons, and forget the box.  We ordered three pink balloons, three blue balloons, and one black mystery balloon that we filled with pink confetti.  We were going to let MiMi pop the balloon to find out if it was a girl or boy.  Cute idea, right??  Well....I drive a Prius and have a three year old who loves balloons.  NOT a great combination.  Elizabeth was so excited in the car that she decided to POP the mystery balloon and pink confetti flew everywhere all over my car.  It was the perfect reveal...well, it would have been anyway.  After a few hormonal tears and a trip to the car wash for a vacuum, my trusty husband called and had tracked down a box.  It wasn't as big as we needed, but it would fit one balloon.  So we improvised, and the reveal still had everyone excited.
Wonder what's inside??? Pink or Blue??

 I was so nervous she would tell everyone before we got a chance to open the gift, and I had to stay with her at ALL times to make sure she keep the secret a secret. 

 I love MiMi's expression in this picture!  Everyone was very excited!

Elizabeth has decided she would like to name her sister Baby Beluga....or Banana Tree.  We are pretty much decided on the first name (it is not one of those)...and are working on finding the perfect middle name for our sweet little girl.   I can't believe we will be meeting her in about 100 days ( I like 100 days over 16 weeks or 4 months....considering my first was 20 days early...those small number quickly send me into "Oh My Goodness I don't even have a crib and the nursery is not done and we don't have a spot in a daycare and I still have 100 million things to do before she gets here and when will I find time to do all this-mode.")

No comments: