December 24, 2012

December 19th-23rd

The days leading up to Christmas were exciting...but not in all good ways.  Not sure if I mentioned in a prior post, but we thought Hannah Baby was having some issues with some things I was eating right after she arrived due to a serious diaper rash that led us to a prescription burn cream we had to put on her hiney to clear up.  We were thinking the evening fussiness was a bout of colic...but after an exciting weekend that involved pizza and a Christmas party with lots of Christmas goodies that involve dairy, and a trip to the doctor from some major digestive issues (both end) and no sleep....Dr. Moore thinks Hannah is allergic to a protein in cows milk...which means Momma can't eat dairy.  Do you know how not fun that is...and how not easy...especially at Christmas time?!?!  Clark has become my dairy police....which I appreciate and hate at the same time. Thankfully it is paying off, and yesterday was a much better day than the rest of the week has been.

While at the doctor we found out at 5 weeks Hannah weighs 9 lbs 7 oz.  Woah! She is becoming the little chunk, and is already in size one diapers and cannot fit in her newborn clothes. E is happy about that.  I let her pick out a couple newborn outfits for her baby. We spend lots of the day playing babies...me with my real baby Hannah, and E with her baby Layla.

It's been pretty tough finding the time and energy to keep E entertained these past few days since she is now home with me all the time.  I still feel like I am figuring it all out...and some days are definitely harder than others (rain=really bad days). Here are some pictures of how we have been spending out time. (I apologize in advance...this should probably be a couple posts, but considering who know whens the two girls will be sleeping at the same time again I am overloading this one with pictures)

Morning Sister Session
 Jackson & I hanging out while the girls tell secrets (see Clark, Jackson has it pretty good still).
 Hannah not looking too amused with my attempt to get a cute picture.

 Thank God for play-doh, especially on rainy days!  This kept E entertained for TWO hours.  I played for an hour of it, but the other hour she worked independently!  I got so much done!
 She brought this cake to me and told me she made it for her Nana.  She catches me so off guard sometimes with references of my mom.  This time of year has me missing her even more than normal.  Holiday memories with my mom include dancing in the kitchen to Christmas music making ham biscuits and sausage balls, her teaching me how to wrap presents to her standard (still not there yet), snuggling in the living room by a fire (no matter how warm outside) watching Christmas movies, and talking about my Grandma, who celebrated her birthday on Christmas Day.
 Missie Duke...Hannah has politely asked me to ask you to pass on funny Christmas headbands next year, but I say keep them coming! :) They are too cute! I can't stop...and now Elizabeth is in on it with me!
 The baby sling...how I get things done around the house when I need two hands. 
 This year we passed on a gingerbread house and opted to make an ice cream cone  Christmas Tree.  It was fun, especially since we decorated it with Elizabeth's two favorite candies...gummy bears and M&M's.
 E's fake smile.
 O Christmas Tree
 The weather has cooled off, but we still don't miss an opportunity to get out of the house when we can get it together (that doesn't always happen).  Hannah sleeps.
 Elizabeth plays.
 Of course, Hannah doesn't always sleep.  Here is a picture I took EARLY one morning.  5:00am may not sound early for some, but it is for me right now...especially considering I haven't slept more than three or four hours at a time in 5 weeks.  But isn't she cute???
 On Christmas Eve eve, we headed to Saluda Shoals Park to see the lights and for the Nights of Wonder.  I love this park and all the fun things they offer for families.  Elizabeth was beyond excited!  She got to sit in the front seat on my lap (super cool) and she pointed out all the lights to us.  She kept hugging me and saying "Thank you, Mommy!"  That was a Christmas present for me in and of itself!
 After we drove for through the lights we stopped at the education center to do some crafts, roast some marshmallows, enjoy some hot chocolate, and of course talk with Santa.  I made Clark take this picture.  This is his fake smile.  But I wanted some proof he was there.  Poor Daddy rarely makes the pictures.  Elizabeth's mouth was stuffed with marshmallows, so she couldn't exactly smile...
 Cheese
 Goose.
 Hot chocolate....Mmmm...
Me & my girls with Santa!  Elizabeth wasn't so excited about seeing this Santa, probably b/c it wasn't her first time this season sitting on the ole' mans lap and sharing her Christmas wish.  
A trip to the mall earlier in the week has us walk right by this Santa.  Last year, she was a little shy, and would only sit with Santa if I sat with her.  When we got to the mall she said she wanted to sit with Santa all by herself.  I couldn't deny her the chance to be brave.  She did it, and she told him exactly was she wants (A princess bike with a baby carrier and a doctor bag) and she asked him to bring Hannah a baby...so that they can play babies when Hannah gets older. Too sweet.  I love this picture, but was not prepared for it.  Hannah was rocking her pj's so I didn't even bother trying to get her in on it.  I wasn't even going to buy them, but it was too cute not to.  Look how excited she was.  When we got to the Santa at Saluda Shoals she said, "Mommy, this Santa isn't as big as the other one."  Thankfully she didn't ask any other questions.

 We woke up today on Christmas Eve to a toilet papered Christmas Tree thanks to our buddy Whit.  He left E a note and some chocolates too.  She is pretty sad he will be leaving her tonight.  It has been fun having something to look forward to every morning.  Till next year Whit!  Thanks for all your mischief and goodies!





No comments: