January 16, 2013

Hannah is Baptized

Sunday, January 13th, Hannah Sloan Rogers was baptized.  It was a beautiful day.  Really beautiful.  Like 80 degrees in January beautiful.  It was a special day for our family.  We had so many friends celebrate by joining us at the church (The Rogers-all of 'em, Paw, Christy, Parker, Peyton, Rebecca, William, Jeff, Susie, Wanda, David, Sarah, Abby, Missy, Duke), and even more afterwards at the celebration at MiMi & Bookers (Becky, George, James, Sallie, Laura).  Our Pastor, Dr. Ben Sloan, is actually Clark's second cousin....Missy's first cousin.  I think Clark gets a touch embarrassed when he call him 'Cousin' at church, but I think it is nice.  The Baptism service was really nice.  Hannah was perfect.  She raised her hands up in the air right after the baptism, and Pastor Ben said "It looks like Hannah thinks she was just baptized in a Pentecostal church."  It was funny.  He put a nice personal touch on the service, and the fact that is was Remember Your Baptism Sunday was just icing on the cake.  We joined Lake Murray Presbyterian as a family back in October...and have been visiting for a couple years pretty regularly.  It was nice to celebrate in "our" church. I know I have used the word nice too much...but it really was.  Everything about it.  I would say perfect actually...except for the flash on my camera.  I promise I turned it off...but it flashed, and Jamie was awesome enough to keep taking pictures!  Elizabeth was excited her cousins we there, and led them up to the front for Children's Time, and right to the other building afterwards for Children's Church.  Here are some pictures from our day.

  
 
 
 
 Here are Hannah's Sponsors (aka Godparents).  Rebecca and Jeff are two amazing people.  They really are family to us, and we love them so much!  How lucky is Hannah to have them as her special people.  And look, there is the Pentecostal arm again!


 Look at my handsome hubby...rocking the burp cloth in the back pocket!
 Love this picture!

No comments: