September 30, 2013

My beautiful big girls

This past month has been eye opening for me.  I have had the opportunity for some good (and some not so good) reasons to spend more time with my girls.  It has been so nice, but it makes me a touch sad at how big they both are.
Hannah did great at her first tailgate a few weeks back.  She was the cutest Gamecock there for sure.
 We have really been enjoying these fall temperatures.  Elizabeth is learning all about fall, and is loving the leaves changing colors.  Here is a red leaf we found on the first official day of fall.
 Hannah loves to swing as much as her sister did when she was her age

 But she doesn't love it as much as Elizabeth does now, now that she can really do it ALL BY HERSELF.  The greatest thing for me...seeing how proud she is of herself when she slowly starts off, and is so high in just a couple minutes.  Just a few weeks ago I would sometimes get tired of swinging, and would be relieved when she moved on to the next thing at the park.  This past week I have secretly wished she would ask for a push...
 Elizabeth has been going to her new school, Lake Murray Presbyterian Church Preschool, for one month now.  She is a different child.  She is so happy, is excited to go through the carpool line and happily waves goodbye each morning to her daddy.  She is doing better with her manners and her listening, and is playing independently more at home.  She has confirmed that we made the best decision for her when we moved her from her old school.  Here's to hoping she excels just as much next year at elementary school (AHHH...Kindergarten?!!?  How is that possible?)
 My silly sweet Elizabeth...
 I am pleased to say that at almost 11 months, Hannah is growing hair!!  Not a ton, but it is thickening up for sure...and it is very blond.  She is also saying Uh-Oh, in love with climbing our stairs, still adores Jackson, is way over baby food, has stated biting everyone everywhere (uh-oh), is the worst to change a diaper for, loves to scream/squeal/babble, and has started taking steps!!  I am about to have another walker on my hands.  Right now she takes one step, maybe two, gets real excited, then crawls onto what she wants. 
 I am obsessed with her cheeks!  How beautiful is she??
 Another plus to this weather is all the neighborhood kids playing outside.  Yesterday Clark had to work, so the girls and I spent most of the afternoon outside playing barbies, riding bikes, and taking turns holding our sweet little Hannah!
 I can just imagine what was going through Hannah's head.  She probably wasn't all that thrilled about being held by all the little girls.  I mean, I bet she weighs at least half of what Elizabeth weighs...I don't think I would feel too good about that either! 
Anyways, things are good.  We are thankful for these two precious girls, and for our family.  Fall will be a busy time...lots of birthdays & holidays are quickly approaching.  We are looking forward to spending time with our family and friends, and I will do my best to keep up on this blog!

No comments: