Elizabeth loved cheering for the Gamecocks and learning about the game of baseball.
Cousins.
Hello!
Waving to her fans from the carousel.
The next weekend we got to enjoy the Junior League Touch A Truck event with our good friends Ellen and Clayton.
And that week Clark and I got to head to Augusta for Practice Rounds at the Masters, again with our good friends the Hinrichs. It was an amazing day. It was so nice to be with Clark and our friends without our little people...the place was BEAUTIFUL, the food was AWESOME (and I am working on recreating the Augusta egg salad), and it was great people watching...and we got to watch a little golf, too. I hope we get the chance to go again, and again, and again.
Ellen & Steve
Me & the hubs
Ellen & I, Amen Corner in the background
A shot of the bridge at Amen Corner
Look at that view!
And a golfer...I think this was Ernie Els. I wish we had done a touch less walking (ahem, while I am 6 months preggo) and a little more watching of the Par 3 Competition, but still a REALLY great day.
We got that evening and enjoyed dinner with MiMi and Booker...and this is where life gets a little crazy. Hannah puked ALL OVER me after dinner...so we had a sick day then next day, and our fingers were crossed for everyone to be well by Friday when we were to leave for the beach...the bug passed Hannah by quickly, and we took off for the beach...
The weather was great but the water was cold. Elizabeth of course was SO happy...
Hannah was happy too, but not as fond of the cold water...
Proof I try to get pictures with Hannah...it just doesn't work out that well for me...
My baby girl
Fun in the sun,
and in the sand.
We stayed on the beach for four hours...then headed back to the room to rest and wait for Daddy to get back from work. We had big plans for the pool later that afternoon. E and Clark did make it to the pool, but right after dinner Elizabeth started complaining about her stomach...and sure enough, I spent all night taking care of her. The stomach bug was back, and hit Elizabeth harder than Hannah. By morning, I wasn't feeling well. I prayed the entire ride home to not get sick in the car. My prayer was answered, but as soon as we got home the stomach bug had me in full force. By Monday night, everyone was feeling better. Not great, but better. Tuesday morning, Hannah woke up with pink eye. So...we headed to the doctor, got some drops, and quarantined ourselves to the house. Wednesday was another quarantined day, and we were all ready to get up and get out on Thursday. Until Thursday morning came...and Elizabeth had pink eye. Thankfully the doctor just called us in some drops for her. Friday we ventured out for a few morning adventures. I don't think anything could keep us in. I think our colds are returning, but we are so hopeful that nothing else will get in the way of our fun Easter weekend. But this is life, so chances are, especially considering our unluck, something will come up. Regardless, I am thankful for these sweet little girls, for family and friends that take care of and check in on us, and I am excited to celebrate this special Easter holiday with our family and friends!
BIG THANK YOU TO MIMI & BOOKER. They love us, feed us, take care of our sick children (and healthy children)... all even though we destroy their house, wake them up super early, and share all of our germs with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment