Elizabeth started kindergarten on Tuesday, August 19th. We have spent lots of time preparing this summer...reading lots of books about kindergarten, talking about her new school, going to an Open House, taking Elizabeth with us to register for school, going to Meet The Teacher night...any and everything that would help my first baby to adjust to real school. Well, I must have done something right, b/c she was more prepared than me! At Meet The Teacher night we found out that Elizabeth had four friends in her class...including her best friend from her 4K class. That was the icing on the cake. She told me after Meet The Teacher that she wanted to ride in the car line on the first day. I was shocked. I think I asked her 100 times if she was sure she didn't want me to walk her in...not in a way that was pressuring her to let me (but believe me I really wanted her to let me), but a casual question here or there to be sure...because honestly I wasn't that confident she would do it! She sure surprised me. The morning of she told me again she wanted to ride in the car line. We did, and SHE DID IT! She gave me a hug and a kiss and jumped out the car. As soon as she turned away after waving me goodbye, I lost it. But not one tear from her. I am so proud of her. She was so disappointed when she woke up this morning and remembered we don't go to school on the weekends. She loves her teacher, getting a tray at lunch is her favorite part of every day, she got two high five's from her Spanish teacher on Friday for answering the questions right, PE was boring b/c she had to learn about being safe...and she loves recess. I make her tell me 5 things about her day each afternoon when I pick her up...but it is tough to get the details I so want. I guess I should just be thankful she loves school! She is so happy, and has been telling Clark and I stories about "when she was little," since she is in kindergarten and apparently all grown now...
We ran into our neighbor Conner on our way out the door the first day. Aren't these two so cute!
The actual first day picture!
My big girl...
I wasn't sure what the morning would actually look like...so we staged some pictures on Monday to make sure we documented this big day in my first baby's life. They were too cute not to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment