August 16, 2014

Right where you are...

Eight weeks in and I still feel like I have got so far to go until I feel like I "get it."  I have been hanging onto these words in moments when I lose I my patience, look around my messy house, feel overwhelmed with work, or feel that I am just not good enough.  Thank you to my wonderful husband, daughters, family, and friends who remind me what is really important...
 Hannah has recently been more open to hair bows (they may last more than two minutes some days), loves the iPad, and is obsessed with animal noises.
 This picture is completely staged.  Elizabeth can usually go a couple days without even asking to hold her sister.  This big girl is too busy....
 ...getting ready for kindergarten.  She has her new clothes and new haircut and can not wait to start big girl school.  Don't dare call her cute.  She will lose it.  She is pretty.  Little girls are cute.  She is not cute.
 Despite that fact above, she is all about matching her sister.  Grace and Lily wear the same clothes...so she needs to match her sister too.  (Don't worry...Clark made me return these dresses.  Apparently they are not cute OR pretty.  I can't tell with my lack of sleep, or maybe I just grab whatever I can as quickly as I can when shopping with three little girls)
 Paw got to hold Julia Lane!  He is back at home now, and looking forward to getting stronger and spending more time with his granddaughters.
 Sweetie.
 Elizabeth holding sweet baby Allison and propping up Julia-Lane.  She loves babies for a minute. I can't wait to see these two little girls grow up together.  So many of my friends are having babies this year....Lindsay, Laura, Ellen, Susie, and even more from our church.  It fun to think about everyone growing up together.
 We love our MiMi.  And Booker.  I can't imagine not living close to our parents.  They are always there to help us and the girls LOVE getting to visit them or having them visit.
 Lucky Mama.  Hannah is such a ham.
Julia-Lane is a much happier baby her recently, much to everyone's relief. 
 I took a trip to the zoo on Friday...our last Hoorah before school.  I got up, got everyone ready, got bags packed, and we were at the zoo a few minutes after 9:00 am.  I was so proud of myself.  We walked around for about an hour looking at animals and then Aunt Laura and Caroline joined in the fun.  We saw more animals, shared snacks, held babies, rode the carousel numerous times in a row, and enjoyed three pleasant hours out having fun.  It was a great morning!


Next week Elizabeth starts school.  Our schedule is about to change big time.  We will survive.  And I think the routine might actually be really good for us.  We are loving having Ms. Tiger around to help us while I am at work.  Julia-Lane has her two month shots and check up next Friday.  I have the pictures ready to post...just need the stats to go with them.  We are making it, and I thank God everyday for all we have.

No comments: