March 21, 2010

Monkey Joe's & The Zoo

Thursday and Friday of last week Elizabeth's "school" was closed...so Clark and I got to spend some time with our little girl.  Thursday we headed to Monkey Joe's with Maddax & Mrs. Sarah.  Elizabeth loved it.  I didn't realize how much work it was going to be for me! I literally had to jump/slide/crawl on all the inflatable things with her.  I was sweating in no time flat...and was secretly a little bit happy when it was time to go.  It was so nice to spend time with our friends though. 


Thanks for joining us Maddax & Sarah!

Friday Clark and I took Elizabeth to the zoo.  She loved looking at the animals, although the koala bear and giraffe were her favorites.  Besides the animals she loved riding the carousel twice, and the dreaded juice box...more on that later...


Not too sure about this....
Look Daddy, KOALA
One of her favorite books (Big Smile Baby) has a part that says, "Reach up high baby, as tall as a giraffe." She is really good at reaching up high, and she kept reaching up as high as she could when we were by the giraffe's...so cute.
There were tons of people feeding them and we got to get real close.  The day was beautiful and by the time we were leaving it was pretty crowded.
Second time on the carousel.
The dreaded juice box. Doesn't she look like she is up to something bad in this picture.  Well she was.  My smile was there to mask the embarassment of having "that kid." 
Elizabeth LOVES to drink out of straws. We have special sippy cups at home that I only put milk in because that is the only way I could get her to drink milk. Well if she sees a straw she has to have it. I bought these organic juice boxes a while back, and brought one to the zoo thinking it might be a good thing to distract her if she got fussy or bored (she typically just drinks milk or water).  Well, she was getting fussy in the middle of the reptile/aquarium building, and I pulled this litte juice box out. BIG MISTAKE. She wanted it...but she wanted to do it all by herself.  So you can imagine...she squeezes the juice box and apple juice is getting everywhere.  I take it away, and we have a MAJOR MELTDOWN...right in the middle of the exhibit...she sits herself down and starts screaming like I just did something very awful to her.  Clark walks away from us. I pick her up as she continues to try to wiggle free and finish her fit and walk as fast as I can outside and try not to make eye contact with all the parents judging me for my obvious poor parenting.  The fit continued outside...and I quickly chugged the apple juice and gave her the empty box and straw back the her.  We took this picture to capture the moment.  I thought it was the terrible two's....maybe my child is advanced and hit those early.

Besides the meltdown the zoo was fun.  It was nice to get out just the three of us and enjoy each others company.

No comments: