May 27, 2012

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

When I started this blog, and came up with the address "growingrogers" it seemed most appropriate since we were growing into a family of three.   The past three years, all three of us have continued to grow...albeit in very different ways. We have all grown, Elizabeth from an infant to a toddler to a little girl, with all that entails, and Clark and I have grown as Daddy & Mommy (already being shortened to just Mom and just Dad...tear), and continued to grow as husband and wife.  

Now, all three of us a growing in a new way...into a family of FOUR!  We are all very excited, especially big sister Elizabeth.  We are very lucky that it happened as soon as we decided to start trying...actually before we realized!  We went for our 8 week check up to find out it really should have been our 12 week!  Baby Rogers #2 is due on November 27, 2012. 

Pregnancy Test-April 19, 2012
 I bought this dress on Etsy as soon as it was confirmed.  Elizabeth loves dresses.  As soon as she saw it she wanted it on!  Clark and I decided when we found out we weren' t going to tell her or anyone until I hit 12 weeks.  When she asked what it said, I replied, "It's a surprise."  Well, she thought that was the answer to her question.  Now she keeps asking (even though she knows what it really says), "Can I wear my surprise dress??"




 We went for our first doctor appointment on May 15th.  The Baby's heartbeat was 161 bpm. 

 Since we ended up being four weeks further along that we had originally thought, we were able to spill the beans after Elizabeth's dance recital.  We told Elizabeth what her dress said, then she came out and surprised her MiMi and Booker and our good friend Shelley.  Shelley finally had to ask Missy if she read what Elizabeth's dress said!  She didn't even notice!! There were lots of hugs and smiles, and everyone is very excited!  I will post pictures from the best dance recital ever soon!  We hope everyone enjoys this long Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: