November 24, 2012

November 16-21st

The first week home has been an adjustment.  I feel very lucky to have such great family/friends/neighbors who have helped us as we adjust.  We have been fed well this week!! It has been the biggest help to not have to worry about dinner for a week.  Big Sister is learning to share her mommy.  We have seen more meltdowns/tantrums in the last week than we have in the last few months, but overall Elizabeth is doing great.  She loves her little sister, and always wants to kiss and hug her.  Elizabeth is staying in school while I am on maternity leave, but is excited she gets to get picked up by 3:30 everyday.  I am trying my best to balance my time, love, attention....and I am hopeful it will get easier as we adjust.  I definitely get why people say the transition from 1 to 2 is more difficult than going from 0 kids to 1.  Here are some pictures from our first week at home:
Excited Big Sister!
 Laura and Carolina spent a couple days with us.  Elizabeth like having her Aunt Wa-Wa and Carolina around to play with...and it was a huge help for me!
 Gamecock Girls!
 Neighbors and Friends!
 We celebrated Booker's birthday a couple days late.
 Elizabeth was so proud of the pencil holder she made for him...all by herself.
 MiMi spent some time with me too.  It was so nice being able to get stuff done around the house AND get in some goose-free naps.  Hannah has been nicknamed "Goose".  She is a very honky/grunty little girl, and sounds like a goose.  SO, my children's redneck names are El-Bo & Goose. 
 Clark and I took Hannah for her first doctor's appointment.  She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz at one week, almost back to her birth weight already!  Dr. Moore was really happy with her growth.
 They checked her Bili levels, but they were perfect.  Looks like another girl with her daddy's great skin.  Lucky for her.  I wouldn't wish my whiteness on any child.


 The Walkers joined us for dinner (they cooked of course!) and it was so nice to catch up with them.
 Proof that William Walker has held a baby.  He held Elizabeth too for the record.  I think almost one whole minute with both!
 Cute pics from my phone I wanted to share:


No comments: