January 19, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Laura Elizabeth!

We had so much fun celebrating Elizabeth's 5th birthday!  It is hard to believe that my first baby is 5....and that I will be registering her for kindergarten this month.  Whoa...

The day of Elizabeth's birthday turned out to be a fun day at home with my girls.  Preschool was closed due to cold weather (crazy, right??) so we started the day opening presents, spent lots of the day playing, and then had a fun "party" with a few special friends that evening.


 Elizabeth and her friends jumped...
 ...enjoyed crafts....
 ...sang Happy Birthday...
 and then she opened gifts from her friends.



 Clark and I with the silly birthday girl.
Friday was our "hot lunch day" at preschool.  We brought the class prince crown's and princess tiara's to decorate, and everyone enjoyed  their Princess and the Pea Chicken Pot Pies, Magical Fruit Wands, and Castle Cupcakes for lunch.  We ended our special lunch with the birthday girl reading "The Princess and the Packet of Frozen Peas."  She even got picked to bring Murray (the class bear) home for the weekend!

Clark and I with the birthday girl and her class.

Saturday Grace and Lily joined us for a special birthday slumber party, complete with a challenge that included lots of fun, dinner at chick-fil-a, dance parties, manicures, movies, special snacks, a late night, AND a trip to Chuck E. Cheese Sunday morning.  We finished the birthday weekend with a family celebration at MiMi and Booker's.  I am confident that Elizabeth really enjoyed her birth-week celebration.  She is such a special person...and we are so lucky to call her our daughter!





We head to see Dr. Moore on February 3rd for our official 5 year check up.  I will post her stats, as well as a list of questions Elbo answers about herself at five then as well.  

No comments: