Our annual trip to the Night of Wonder at Saluda Shoals Park. Elizabeth insisted her and Hannah wear matching pajamas. Hannah is such a big girl. She really wanted to lose it when she sat on Santa's lap, but then she saw Clark and I clapping and smiling and she just started smiling with us. The highlight of the night for both the girls was driving around the park not in a car seat. Oh the joy...
Besides the freedom in the car, Hannah's other favorite part was enjoying the roasted marshmallows. You know, I thought I did something "right" with Elizabeth, my great eater...well, I did the same thing with Hannah and let me just say...she is NOT a good eater...but sweets, fruit, or pasta she will enjoy anytime..and she take her food very seriously as you can see in her expression below.
Elizabeth really enjoyed the crafts at the park. This year we made a sand art necklace and a pretty Christmas Tree ornament.
Here are the girls all dressed up for the Tootus' Christmas party. Nothing gets the big girls riled up like James Shennan, and Elizabeth talked about the party for days leading up to and following the Christmas party. We were all suffering from some yucky sinus stuff, but we still managed to have a great time, and not many things beat seeing so many friends in one house.
Sisters
This is what most pictures I take of Hannah look like...me chasing her. Oh -- but it is SO fun. She thinks she is big stuff, which is cute and scary to watch at the same time.
This is what most pictures I take of the girls together look like...
She really had a blast going down this slide. See what I mean by thinking she is bigger than she is?? Girl doesn't even know how to slide but that doesn't stop her. She is fearless. And look at my sweet Elbow...she really is the best big sister.
Hannah Sloan.
Elizabeth and I had a special mommy date this year to see the Nutcracker. We had the best time! Elizabeth sat on the edge of her seat the whole time and would start clapping in the middle of acts b/c she was so excited. This will definitely become another annual tradition.
We ran into lots of friends at the Koger Center, including this sweet face, Elizabeth's friend Clayton. Clark and I are lucky to call Clayton's parents friends as well, and we enjoyed special play dates and dinners with the Hinrich family over our break.
Christmas Eve we traveled to the Dean's with Dad. The cousins had a great time. All the kids loved opening their presents, and it was special to have the "Cleveland" crew all in the same house. I even think Paw enjoyed all the raucous!
Paw & the grand kids
Christmas Eve night we went to the family service at church (Hannah really enjoyed the echo in the sanctuary and had to be removed to go beat up on some kids in the nursery), then returned home to watch The Sound of Music, enjoy the hubs yummy pork schnitzel, and open presents from Mommy and Daddy. That night Elizabeth was wavering between wanting Santa to come or Whit (our elf) to stay. She is already asking when Whit is coming back. Let me just say...Clark and I were happy to see him off until next year.
Christmas morning Elizabeth woke everyone up to go see if Santa visited. He did! Hannah got a new bunny but was not to impressed (sad for me...that ratty very loved bunny is looking pretty sad these days).
And Santa brought Elizabeth her princess guitar, just like she asked.
Later that morning we headed over to MiMi and Booker's to celebrate with the Rogers family. The cousins mostly enjoyed each other, and tried very hard to be patient until we opened presents that evening.
When we finally opened presents, Elizabeth was so excited to see what her MiMi and Booker got for her and Hannah...a jumpy house!!
Elizabeth took no time to convince her Daddy to set it up in the dark and freezing cold...and all the girls had fun wrapping up the day with some jumping fun!
So now it is 2014. I have lots of goals this year...but mostly they are to be a better wife, mom, and friend. I hope to enjoy more and worry less. And I hope to do better with enjoying and capturing moments like these with my precious family...a family that I still feel overwhelmed (and incredibly blessed) to call mine. How could a girl be so lucky?! Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment