March 18, 2014

Baby Rogers #3 @ 24 weeks!!

This post is clearly way over due. Life just seems to go, go, go, and while I started this post weeks ago, I have not had the time to sit down and scan ultrasound pictures until today!  While not news to anyone who reads our blog, we are excited to be expecting baby girl number 3 this summer!!  The official due date is July 6, 2014...but all my babies have been early.  We found out the week before Hannah's first birthday, and began telling friends and family around the holidays. Elizabeth was the first to know (besides Clark and my doctor). I told her after I took her on a special date to see the Nutcracker.  She is over the moon, but proving to be just as difficult as Clark to please when it comes to names.  We have a name we are "wearing" and although Elizabeth will gladly share it with you, Clark and I are still trying it out and seeing how it fits.  I am looking forward to sharing our wild and bumpy name journey with everyone.

At 24 weeks, Baby Rogers #3 (who I will refer to as BR3 from this point forward) is about the size of an ear of corn, and could survive if born now (although we are hoping she stays put for about 15 more weeks).  She weighs about a pound and a half. She startles when she hears loud noise, has started hiccupping, and even has her fingerprints.  Elizabeth likes to feel her kick and talk to her sister...who usually will kick when she hears her voice next to my tummy.  Hannah likes to look at my belly button, which has popped, but doesn't have a clue what she is in for come July.  Hannah will probably not be so excited, although recently she has gotten into hugging and kissing her babies. Our hope is that at only 19 months apart they will become great friends.  

At 9 weeks 4 days BR3 had a heart rate of 176 bpm.  We did not yet know she was girl.  But, given LER's heartbeat at this point was 175 and HSR's was 161 a few weeks later...and not a single Rogers' has had a boy...we were feeling pretty confident BR3 was a she!
 At 12 weeks 4 days we got to see BR3 again, and she was right on schedule with her growth!
 At our 20 week appointment, BR3 was not at all cooperative, so I got to go back at 22 weeks and see her again.  She was weighing in at a little over a pound, measuring one day ahead of my due date, and while she wasn't exactly cooperative, she gave us enough of peak to feel great that she is growing just like we would hope.  Here's to hoping she is more cooperative outside the womb than inside...
 There is lots to do in the next 15 weeks, including the nursery, moving Elizabeth into her new room, some necessary purchases, and getting our plans in place for being a family of five!  BR3 received her first gift last week from our good friends the Coleman's down in Florida.  My friend Tonia and I went to a Wine & Design night (minus the wine for me...) where I painted a picture for her nursery.  I am thinking a pale green with splashes of purple & black for the nursery.
 My heart is so full of love with my family of four...and to think it will be growing even more full of love as we become a family a five in a few short months.  I sure am one lucky lady! Or crazy...take your pick!

No comments: