May 24, 2010

A funny story....

...We had a REALLY quiet weekend, which was a nice change from how busy we have been...and will be in the coming weeks.  This weekend we celebrated Jackson's birthday, and our anniversary...but just rested at home, since the little one is still getting over a nasty cold.  That being said, I took not one photo this week. AWFUL, right?  But I do have this cute little story to share...

Recently Elizabeth has wanted to sit on the potty...I don't really think this is a sign of how advanced she is as much as it is a glimpse of my complete loss of privacy.  Anyways, whenever she goes to the bathroom and points to the potty, we let her sit on it.  Nothing ever happens, but we always tell her good try, give her a high five, reattach the diaper, and then she is on to her next activity.  Since the potty is right beside the bathtub in her bathroom, she usually sits on the potty numerous times while taking her bath every night.  Well, the other night, like usual, she points to the potty during bath time, so I sit her on it, and we start making faces...I hear some air...and then, a plop....and then another plop.  I was SHOCKED.  She went poopy in the potty! My daughter...who is almost 17 months old.  Needless to say I probably way over reacted.  She didn't want to sit on the potty for a couple days after that.  I think all my squeals and praise might have scared her.  But she stated sitting on the potty again yesterday.  While I know that diapers are still a reality for me for a while...it was too funny.  What 17 month old does that???

We are looking forward to a weekend full of family from Rocky Mount next weekend, and we can't wait!  Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: