Today is my mom's birthday. She is missed a lot...
We started a tradition last year to send balloons to Nana in Heaven . I am hoping that as Elizabeth gets older it will be a good time for all of us to remember her and a chance for us to tell her all about how special her Nana is...even though she can't be here with us. About how she loved to dance, and thought Barry White and Milli Vanilli were awesome (she might not have been the best judge of music...maybe that is where I get my "odd" taste in music). How she would make cinnamom buns for us in the mornings on the weekends and let me lick the icing out of the container after she had iced all the buns. And I can't wait to teach Elizabeth how to make her Nana's chilli and cheese sausage balls, and watch Remember the Titans with her (Nana's favorite movie). How her favorite color was purple and she looked amazing in the color with her tan brown skin...just like Elizabeth looks great in purple. There are so many great things I can't wait to share with her about her Nana. We ask God to bless her everynight in our prayers, right along with all of our family, and thank Him especially for giving us someone really special to watch over us.
We had a really nice weekend with our family, and are so thankful for all of them, and for the time we had with those that can no longer be with us. My Mother's Day was very special...and I will post more pictures from our weekend soon.
1 comment:
That was a sweet post, Kelly. I'm glad you're keeping up the balloon tradition, I know it will always be special for your family. I want some chili and cheese sausage balls right now too! Please share! :) Love you all!
Post a Comment