May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started with me sleeping in (WooHoo) and being served breakfast in bed! Of course if food in involved Elizabeth usually makes herself be involved as well...so I shared.  Once up I got to open cards and presents.  Elizabeth had her friends at school help her make me a hot plate that she decorated with her fingerprints into a pretty picture.



We had the sanctuary lamp at church lit in memory of my mom, and the service included this beautiful litany that I wanted to share.  It made me think of so many of my family and friends, and reminded me of how lucky we are for all of them:

Mothers come in many different forms, and today we celebrate them all!
Thank you, God, for mothers!

Everyone here is either a son or a daughter.
Thank you, God, for my mother.

For those women who have joined God in Heaven and whom we miss dearly here on earth.
Thank you, God, for mothers of the past.

For every woman who is working day and night to raise her children right now.
Thank you, God, for the mothers of today.

For all the women who are expecting, but aren't quite mothers yet!
Thank God for the soon to be mothers.

For the women who took in others' children through adoption and foster care.
Thank God for the mothers with hearts so big.

For those women who have lost a child to death and must carry on.
Thank God for the mothers who are so strong.

For all the women who have desperately wanted to have children of their own, but chose instead to mother everyone else.
Thank God for the mothers in spirit.

We thank you , Lord, for the women who have influenced our lives in so many ways.
We pray that we will honor them in everything we do. Amen.





After church we headed to MiMi & Bookers to spend some time with MiMi.  I had big hopes of getting some pictures of Elizabeth in her cute dress with MiMi.  Unfortunately Elizabeth found the dirt on the patio first!  
 
We will have to get some post Mothers Day pictures.  Thanks Missy for being such a great mom to Clark and I and MiMi to Elizabeth (& Jackson!). We hope you had a very happy Mother's Day!

Elizabeth had a blast slinging dirt everywhere, and then brushing off her hands.  Too bad she couldn't brush off everywhere else (hair, bottom, feet...everywhere...)! 

Here she is brushing off her hands...but it definitely looks like she is striking a Michael J. pose...so I had to post it!
And I think I have mentioned in a previous post...but in case you haven't seen it...this is Elizabeth's new "look."
What a frown!  It is all in the eyebrows!

We hope everyone had a great Mothers Day weekend!  Mine was wonderful...thanks to some very special people.  Next week we are headed down to visit the Rogers in Charleston, and to take Elizabeth to the beach for her first time! I am so excited!

No comments: