June 20, 2012

Counting down the days...

As I type this I should be packing for the trip that my whole family looks forward to each year....when we pile more stuff than you could imagine into my little prius and we make our way to Sunset Beach, NC for an incredible week with family and friends.  There will be some serious blog post overload when we return...if I can find time to edit and add photos.  Funny how busy you get when there is a little one, and jobs, and family, and friends, and errands to run.....and new babies to prepare for.  Hmm....when will that get done?? Maybe sometime before the little Rogers is born I will find time to post about the pregnancy and planning.  Speaking of little Rogers...for the record, I think it is a boy.   No real reason to think that...and considering the most recent Rogers offspring, I am probably foolish to think it is a boy. 

OK....the last post before our much anticipated and needed vacation....

We headed to Harbison Park the other day for a helmet free bike ride around the pond...
 ...and to play on the playground.
 We got to see some cute baby ducks...and we also got scared by some overly aggressive ducks that wanted to hop in my car for a ride.  They were not cute.
 We invited Laura & Carolina to the sketchy park with us (sorry again Aunt Laura....), and afterwards took the girls to Olive Garden for dinner.
 Turns out, Blueberry Hill (where Swiper lives) is right around the corner from us...and we love to ride our bike over there and then ride down the hill SUPER FAST to get away.  I am hoping to get a bike of my own for my birthday so we can ride bikes together!
 This past weekend we celebrated Paw's birthday (actually happening next week while we are at the beach),
 and we got all the cousins together to celebrate Father's Day with Paw.
 On the actual Father's Day, we celebrated with more special guys,
 and got to celebrate another birthday.


Just a little shout out to my husband for being so awesome.  He is such an incredible father.  We are so lucky to have him.  We love you Clark! You are the best.

OK....guess I should finish packing...

No comments: